Friday, June 20, 2014

The Dream



This album has been a labor of love/hate for the past three and a half years. I wanted to tell a coherent story that was vivid and compelling. My ultimate dream was to put this album out on vinyl with an accompanying graphic novel. I even had a friend that was going to draw it, but he got busy with life and sadly, we couldn't make it work out. Maybe one day. Another dream was to turn this into a stage production. I really thought it could be an amazing musical of sorts. Maybe someone will happen upon it one day and it could happen, I certainly do not have the means to make it happen.

Finally I'd like to thank a few people.

My wife, Laura, for never giving up on me and for always being encouraging and pushing me to finish this thing. I'd also like to thank her for her wonderful violin and piano playing and I hope we get to make music together for the rest of our lives. I love you!

My best friend, Adam, for always inspiring me throughout my life.

Kyle, Thank you for your amazing talent and for coming back into my life exactly when I needed you the most.

And finally I'd like to thank music itself and all the artists making music and all forms of art from the beginning of time. Than you for your inspiration, for igniting my fire, for shaping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment