Friday, June 20, 2014

The Spark

This image was the spark that started the fire in my mind that was this album.

It was late December 2010 and I had just entered into a new relationship with the woman who would become my wife. She gave me a journal as a gift and this was the cover. As I studied the cover image I wondered what the woman on the cover looked like before she became this vision of death. Then a story sprung to mind.

In September of 2010 I had turned 30 and I went to Chicago with my best friend to see Roger Waters perform the Wall. It was the greatest spectacle I had ever seen. I wondered why no one did albums like this anymore, or spectacles like this, and I vowed to make one. I just needed a story, and I would come up with that story just a few months later. The Last Generation of Lovers.

This blog is an attempt to clarify my vision for this album. To further explain the story and add to it in a way that music can't convey. I would love to eventually turn this into a stage production, but unfortunately that is probably a dream that will never come to fruition, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment